With just over a week to go until our annual charity car show, preparations are well underway in Swainby. The sheep and local rabbits have left the field neatly nibbled, and our volunteers are getting ready to welcome you all.
If you haven’t visited the car show before, here are a few tips for ensuring that you make the most of the day!
- Refreshments are available throughout the day from our friends in the Village Hall on the High Street, both village pubs, and from a stall on our showfield. There will be lots of delicious home made cakes available!
- Public toilets are located on Emerson Close.
- Our showfield may have uneven ground, so take care when walking.
- If you need help or advice, please ask one of our volunteers at the showfield entrances/exits.
- First aid will be available from our brilliant friends St John’s Ambulance on the showfield.
- If you are bringing a dog with you to our show, please keep them on a lead at all times, and clean up after them.
- You might want to pack wellies (just in case of rain!).
A quick shout out to our autojumble folks; please don’t forget to include a stamped self-addressed envelope with your form, to enable us to return your entry form.
We thought it would be nice to share a few pictures from previous shows with you. As you can see, we have been visited by a huge range of great vehicles over the years, from tiny bubble cars, to double decker buses!
There’s still time to join in, just take a look at one of our previous posts to find out how to enter your vehicle.
Swainby Classic Car Show has raised money for several causes since 2005, and this year we are pleased to announce that funds raised will go towards Guide Dogs For The Blind, The Macmillan Cancer, Trinity Holistic Centre and Friarage Hospital, Northallerton. We will also be making a contribution to the Swainby Village Hall Restoration Fund.
Today we’re releasing entry forms for both Autojumble stands, and those wishing to bring along their classic vehicles for the show. We are looking forward to seeing you all on the 27th August.
A quick note to all you autojumble folks: PLEASE ENCLOSE A STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE TO ENABLE US TO RETURN YOUR ENTRY FORM.
entry form 2017 show
Welcome to Swainby Classic Cars. Our 2017 show will take place on 27th August.
This years show was held on the 25th of August. The day started with light rain, but by lunchtime the sun was shining and the show-field was busy with both exhibitors and the paying public.
This years show attracted some 2000 People with over 400 classic cars, 60 motorcycles & 6 tractors on display. Exhibitors came from all over the north of England, travelling from as far afield as Hexham, Durham,Darlington,Leeds, Harrogate, Scarborough Saltburn & Teesside. One exhibitor travelled all the way from Ripon with a Scammell heavy recovery truck, top speed some 25 mph.
Impressions from the Show 2005