We’re very sorry to announce that the car show this year has been cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We do hope that we can return in 2021 and will update the website in due course when we know more.
Meantime we hope that you all have a good summer whether you’re enjoying a staycation or venturing away on holiday. Have fun and stay safe!
We’re pleased to be able to let you know that the Swainby Classic Car Show 2019 will take place on Sunday 25th August from 10:00am – 4:30pm.
We’ll look forward to welcoming you on the day, and will make application forms etc available on this website over the coming months.
Below are some of the vehicles that attended last year’s event.
We’re all keeping our fingers crossed for some fine weather on Sunday. We’ll be here whatever the weather, and are looking forward to seeing you on the day.
To make the most of the car show, here are our top tips!
- Entry to the car show is £5 per person, but if you come along in your classic car, you’ll get in for free!
- Follow the directions that our volunteer parking attendants give you, they’ll show you the best spots to park on the field.
- Refreshments are available in our Village Hall, the tent at the show field, and in the two village pubs and cafe.
- Public toilets can be found a 2 minute walk from the show field on Emerson Close.
- If you need help or advice, please ask one of our volunteers at the show field entrances/exits.
- First aid will be available from our brilliant friends St John’s Ambulance on the show field.
- If you are bringing a dog, please keep it on a lead and clean up any mess.
- Visit our autojumble and other stalls. Remember that the car show is for charity not profit, so do have a go on our tombola, browse our bric-a-brac or buy a coffee and cake!
This year the car show is proud to support two fantastic charities; Parkinson’s UK and Teeside Ability Support Centre.
Parkinson’s UK works incredibly hard to raise money to find a cure for this debilitating condition, and to support those living with it.
Our second charity is the Teeside Ability Support Centre, who provide care and life skills for the enablement of adults with differing abilities. TASC celebrate their Golden Jubilee this year, making our support extra special.
Finally, we’ll also be making a donation to the Swainby Village Hall restoration fund. Our hall is a vital community asset, which also gives great support to the car show every year.
We’re pleased to announce that the date for this year’s show is the 26th August 2018, so save the date, and pray for good weather! We’ll be posting entry forms for both vehicles and autojumble very soon.
Our 2017 show went brilliantly, and we saw a great range of vehicles on the day. Thankfully the sun shone for us, and plenty of ice creams were eaten! A huge thank you is due to everyone who contributed to our charities.
If you’d like birds eye view of the show this year, we’re delighted to share some drone footage with you. These videos really give a great idea of the scale of this year’s show:
Empty field the day before
10am on show day
12pm on show day
View from over Church Lane / bottom of Castle Bank
We are delighted to be welcoming a very handsome guide dog Chris with his trainer Eileen on Sunday. Here they are in a 1954 MGTF1500, which will be at Swainby classic car show tomorrow. Come and say hello to them on our showfield.
Chris with trainer Eileen
With just over a week to go until our annual charity car show, preparations are well underway in Swainby. The sheep and local rabbits have left the field neatly nibbled, and our volunteers are getting ready to welcome you all.
If you haven’t visited the car show before, here are a few tips for ensuring that you make the most of the day!
- Refreshments are available throughout the day from our friends in the Village Hall on the High Street, both village pubs, and from a stall on our showfield. There will be lots of delicious home made cakes available!
- Public toilets are located on Emerson Close.
- Our showfield may have uneven ground, so take care when walking.
- If you need help or advice, please ask one of our volunteers at the showfield entrances/exits.
- First aid will be available from our brilliant friends St John’s Ambulance on the showfield.
- If you are bringing a dog with you to our show, please keep them on a lead at all times, and clean up after them.
- You might want to pack wellies (just in case of rain!).
A quick shout out to our autojumble folks; please don’t forget to include a stamped self-addressed envelope with your form, to enable us to return your entry form.
We thought it would be nice to share a few pictures from previous shows with you. As you can see, we have been visited by a huge range of great vehicles over the years, from tiny bubble cars, to double decker buses!
There’s still time to join in, just take a look at one of our previous posts to find out how to enter your vehicle.